Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Grateful

It's been a week since our last super positive ultrasound.  We are so grateful for everything.  This Saturday will be 10 weeks and we've got a couple more to get through before we can really celebrate and plan for this little one...but I have to say that my mindset has changed over the past few days.  I walk our dog Chloe and I think about pushing a stroller alongside us through the neighborhood.  I think about our baby's first day at the beach...his or her little toes in the sand, the ocean, feeling the sun on his or her face.  I think about the day of his or her birth and I'm overwhelmed with emotion (Will we be able to handle it?  Will we both just stand there, dumbfounded?  And not know what to do?).  One thing we have been instructed to do (by our surro "M") is to "follow the woman with the baby"..."don't stick around after the birth with me"..."it gets ugly" -- haha...sorry "M" but those words that came out of your mouth months ago have stuck with me.

I'm sure we'll be able to handle it.  Waiting for that day.  And so, so grateful for all our surrogate is doing.

I know you check this blog, so this is our public THANK YOU.  You ROCK.

-D&B

6 comments:

  1. That is truly wonderful news! I'm so happy for you guys.

    Much love to u and your beautiful SM.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 weeks is great! It was after our 10 week scan that I started to get excited that this might actually be happening. I even bought my first baby item to celebrate week 10.

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I get more and more excited everytime I sign on and see your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. I have my fingers that everything continues to A-OK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news... we are getting so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for the milestones! So glad you are moving into the "enjoying" phase. Promise to have a glass for you once you hit that 12 week mark!

    ReplyDelete