Saturday, October 1, 2011

7 Weeks Today!

We are 7 weeks today and I'm loving that every week falls on a Saturday.

I also found this great quote about not giving up. SO TRUE. Good luck to everyone out there looking for their baby. Remember what Johnny and Darren said, "The only people who end up without a baby, are the people who give up...Here's to never giving up!"


And here's what happening with our little guy/girl:

The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities you're daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry.

If you could see inside the womb, you'd spot eyelid folds partially covering her peepers, which already have some color, as well as the tip of her nose and tiny veins beneath parchment-thin skin. Both hemispheres of your baby's brain are growing, and her liver is churning out red blood cells until her bone marrow forms and takes over this role. She also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. A loop in your baby's growing intestines is bulging into her umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from her tiny body.

10 comments:

  1. Keep the great news coming!! I love the quote, its one we lived by for the last 15 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first trimester will be behind you before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7 weeks already? These 9 months are going to FLY by!!! Now the fun begins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Exciting!!!
    Very best of luck and peaceful 7-8 months to come!
    ANu/Nipi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! My partner and I have been through the same thing and we are now at 7 weeks as well.I have been reading your blog a long time and I'm so happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Kerrie! Keep the good news coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember thinking about and taking comfort from that quote on Johnny and Darren's blog when we were having so much trouble getting pregnant. It truly is beautiful to see you finally on the other side of being pregnant and my prayer is that the next 32-33 weeks are completely textbook for you!

    For us, even after our surrogate got pregnant I had the hardest time believing it was real and was so scared something would go wrong but right now as I'm tying I can hear Emily baby talking in the other room while Brian is changing her! I really believe this is your time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so thrilled for you both! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for awesome news, roll on more Saturdays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my heck, I'm so excited for you guys!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete